The Buffelshoek Pass is situtated on the R337 between Pearston and Cradock.
Renowned artist Walter Battiss was born in Somerset East, and lived in the building that now houses the museum as a child.
The Cookhouse railway station personifies the little village, part of the Blue Crane Route municipality.
The Old Parsonage museum is one of the oldest buildings in Somerset East, and houses artifacts from families that lived in the house.
The Slagtersnek Monument remembers a significant piece of history linked to this district’s early years
Located on the main road, it is the fourth oldest congregation of the DRC in the Eastern Cape
Somerset East's war memorial remembers the men from the town who died in the two world wars.
The history of Glen Avon is that of Robert Hart who was regarded as being the “Father of the 1820 Settlers”
The village of Middleton near Cookhouse was first established in 1850 as an Anglican mission station and the church built in 1903
There's a monument on the Dutch Reformed Church grounds in memory of Commandant Paul Erasmus.
The monument in memory of Commandant William Charles Comley stands on the grounds of the Apostolic Church
The Bruintjieshoogte Pass lies on the R63 road about halfway between Pearston and Somerset East.
The Glen Avon Waterfall is said to have one of the highest drops of water on private land in South Africa
Three heritage sites at very close to each other on the N10 at Roodewal near Cookhouse
Paulet House, home to the Jakes Gerwel Foundation, was built in 1825, the year Somerset East was established
After his death in 1863, Dr William Gill, the District Surgeon of Somerset East, left £23 000 to be used to set up and run an institute of higher learning.
The Anglican Church in Beaufort Street was consecrated in 1855.
A church for the Coloured Dutch-speaking Congregation was erected on Dorothy Evans' erf in 1844.