Middleton All Saints Church
The village of Middleton near Cookhouse was first established in 1850 as an Anglican mission station when the Anglican Church set aside glebe land to members of its congregation, many of whom were former slaves. In 1879 a train station was built in Middleton as a layover point between larger towns. This old train station has now been converted into a pub.
The little stone church just off the N10 at the entrance to the hamlet was built as an Anglican church in 1903. Today it’s the All Saint’s United Church.